Aircraft Maintenance Technicians
Join Piedmont’s team of Aircraft Maintenance Technicians, and help keep us flying. From preventive maintenance to complicated repairs, our mechanics tackle every job with talent, precision and safety. And with a generous benefits package and hiring bonuses, we’ll help take your career higher, too.
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians at Piedmont
Like us, you’re ambitious- you know exactly where you want to go and can map out how to get there. Like you, we’re authentic- we share experience and expertise. That’s the thing about Piedmont Airlines, it’s never one or the other. It’s ambition and authenticity. It’s helping you achieve your aspirations by working alongside an engaged and empowering team.
Be Rewarded for Your Experience
Experience demands recognition, and at Piedmont, you’ll get it. Receive up to a $17,500 hiring bonus based on your total AMT experience. Experience includes:
• Part 121 maintenance
• Embraer 145 (or similar) maintenance
• Military Occupation Specialty (MOS, AFSC or NEC) in aviation maintenance.
Albany, NY – Albany International Airport
Harrisburg, PA – Harrisburg International Airport
Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia International Airport
Salisbury, MD – Salisbury Regional Airport
Roanoke, VA – Roanoke Municipal Airport
Richmond, VA – Richmond International Airport
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Career Advancement Opportunities
After six months of successful employment with Piedmont, you’re eligible to enhance your role and expand your skills by becoming a Lead Mechanic, Quality Control Inspector or Maintenance Controller. After six months of experience in a higher skilled role, you become eligible to apply for open management positions.
Pay & Benefits
Signing bonus based on experience
Relocation bonus (if applicable)
Starting pay – $19/hr
Night shift differential – $1/hr
High cost differentials in PHL, ALB – $3/hr, RIC, CLT – $1/hr
Pay increases per union contract after a six-month probationary period
$75 annual safety shoe allowance
Two week Embraer 145 familiarization course
Two week Embraer 145 systems course
- Single rate is $63.44, family rate ranges from $113.55 – $176.99 per pay depending on number of dependents
- Prescription and vision coverage benefits are included
- $400 maximum out-of-pocket; co-pay of $10 for general physician per visit and $20 for a specialist
- Single rate is $6.92, family rate is $20.77 per pay
- Preventative care is free
Ready to explore the world? You, your immediate family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across the American Airlines global network.
What Do I Need To Apply?
If you’re at least 18 years old and possess an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic License, you may be eligible to apply. Learn more about our qualifications and work requirements.
- 18 years old at the time of interview
- Must possess FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Licenses
- Must successfully complete a driving record check, FBI fingerprint check and a pre-employment drug screening
- Should have no DUIs in the past five years
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to relocate to one of our maintenance facilities in Albany, NY; Salisbury/Ocean City, MD; Roanoke or Richmond, VA; Harrisburg or Philadelphia, PA; as well as line maintenance in Charlotte, NC
- Show background and/or experience in mechanical operations or endeavors