- Human Resources
- Corporate Communications
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
About Piedmont Internships
- Piedmont offers paid work experience that builds skill and knowledge that students can apply to any profession.
- Interns receive significant exposure to company leaders including our senior leadership team.
- Interns are exposed to career opportunities with American Airlines and enjoy the same travel benefits as other employees.
- Interns do not necessarily have to be enrolled in an airline specific program.
Piedmont has made it a point to provide me with professional exposure. The Human Resource department includes me in their collaborations and day-to-day workflow, and from the perspective of an intern, I’m not sure what more you could ask for. Reading case studies in a classroom doesn’t compare to real-world experience.
During their time with us, interns are exposed to all elements of a regional airline safety department and the knowledge that is gained helps steer their career path and provides experience to strengthen their resume. As a company, we gain an extra set of hands and a fresh perspective.
Interns bring new ideas and a whole new level of creativity. It’s a great opportunity to get to know a potential employee, too. Now, if I have a job opening, I have a pool of current and former interns I would hire on the spot.