Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tuition Payment Program
Piedmont Airlines is committed to growing the next generation of aviation students. Apply to join our Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tuition Payment Program. Candidates selected will receive a conditional offer of employment and payment of tuition and fees through your educational institution’s aviation maintenance program.
Who we are
Kick start your career and grow with us in the fast paced, rewarding aviation industry.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group, Piedmont operates nearly 400 daily departures to 55+ cities throughout the eastern United States. Headquartered in Salisbury, Maryland, Piedmont Airlines employs nearly 10,000 aviation professionals in its flying and ground handling operations.
Piedmont’s mission is to secure our future with a culture of caring, compliance and communication and we want you on board. Join our diverse team that cares for one another, keeps us safe, and makes us fly.
From student to aircraft maintenance technician (AMT)
Piedmont Airlines’ program is designed to secure a sustainable workforce within our local communities and help the most promising students make a smooth transition to a full-time stable career as an AMT.
- Paid Training
- Experience working on all aspects of the aircraft from nose-to-tail
- Accelerated opportunities for growth and career development
- Best in Class Insurance
- 401K match
- Starting pay – $19/hr.
- Night shift & cost of living differential
- Pay increases per union contract after a six-month probationary period
- Free uniforms
- Work in a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment with an opportunity to connect with other employees through Employee Resource Groups – learn more here
Ready to explore the world? Enjoy American Airlines industry-best, no-cost travel for team member and eligible family members.
What to expect
- Educational institution will invoice Piedmont for remaining cost of the program after non-debt bearing financial aid has been applied. Piedmont will pay the bill.
- Piedmont will cover cost of tuition, fees and testing. Students cover the cost of books.
- Piedmont will provide a fully loaded Sonic Tool Box if a toolbox is required during the program or after completion of the program and prior to employment.
- Piedmont will cover the cost for 1 course failure/repeat.
- Piedmont will cover the cost for 1 FAA written exam retest.
- Piedmont will cover the cost for 1 FAA oral and practical exam retest.
- Piedmont has 90 days from the date the student obtains their A&P to hire/start employment otherwise the repayment clause is waived.
- Students must be in “good academic standing” as defined by each school’s policies and procedures.
- If the student drops out of the program or is no longer in “good standing” the repayment clause will be enacted
- After acceptance into program, student must pass an initial background check. After background clearance, student will be offered a conditional offer of employment prior to starting the [12 month] program.
- After obtaining A&P licenses, students must complete DOT drug screen and background checks, as must all new hire PDT AMTs.
- Students are expected to obtain both the A&P licenses within 30 days of graduation and must accept and start employment within 90 days.