Looking for a fast-paced career with great benefits? Become a Customer Service and Ramp Agent at Piedmont – you’ll be the face of our airline, and provide customers with safe, reliable, friendly service.
Ground Handling Opportunities at Piedmont
Join the team at one of Piedmont’s 80+ locations that provide Ground Handling services. You’ll work alongside teammates who are dedicated to customer satisfaction and safety, and be given the opportunity to advance your career while enjoying the travel benefits that Piedmont and American Airlines provide.
Ramp agents handle luggage, load/unload aircraft, service and clean aircraft, operate ground service equipment (GSE), marshal aircraft, assist passengers with luggage and perform other duties as assigned. Ramp agents work outdoors in a fast-paced airport environment.
Gate agents provide front-line customer service to passengers in the boarding area. Duties include: creating and modifying flight itineraries, changing seat assignments, making boarding announcements, assisting passengers with special requests and needs, assisting passengers with luggage and operating the passenger boarding bridge.
Cross-trained agents can perform the duties of both ramp agents and gate agents, from handling luggage and marshalling aircraft to making boarding announcements and operating the passenger boarding bridge. Other duties may also be assigned.
We provide Ground Handling operations across the United States and Canada. With over 80 locations, you’re sure to find a place you can call home.
Some of our locations include:
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia International Airport
New York – 8 locations in NY State
California – 7 locations in the Golden State
Florida – 4 locations
Career Advancement Opportunities
While you may start as a ramp or gate agent, you’ll have the opportunity to advance your career at Piedmont. Work your way up to supervisor, manager or upper management and enjoy greater pay and benefits. With our training program and mentorship opportunities, we’ll give you the tools to take your career as high as you want.
Pay & Benefits
Paid Sick Days
Pre-course Online Classes
Ready to explore the world? You, your immediate family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across the American Airlines global network.
High quality health insurance is best in the industry
PPO covers doctor visits, hospitalization, prescriptions and vision
Dental coverage includes no-cost preventative care
Life and disability insurance provided at no cost to you
401(k) plan through Fidelity, with a company match
What Do I Need To Apply?
If you’re at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, and a valid driver’s license, you may be eligible to apply. Learn more about our qualifications and work requirements.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Have a valid driver license (with minimal infractions)
- No DUI/DWIs within the past five (5) years
- No Reckless Driving infractions within the past three (3) years
- No more than five (5) moving violations within the past three (3) years
- No speeding tickets of 19mph or more over the speed-limit within the past three (3) years
- Be able to obtain an airport security badge (SIDA)
- No felony convictions within the past ten (10) years
- No theft, assault, or drug related charges within the past the (10) years
- Be able to work shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and twist
- Standing for long periods of time
- Frequent lifting of items up to 70 pounds
- Frequent stooping, bending, and kneeling
- Previous airline experience
- Previous employment as a front-line customer service provider
- Strong knowledge of computer functions, applications, and usage