Piedmont Airlines Offers Better Reserve Rules and Extends $100,000 Up-Front Bonus
Company is safe haven for pilots uncertain about their future
SALISBURY, Maryland-Piedmont Airlines is proud to offer stability for pilots uncertain about the future of their current employer.
Piedmont Airlines announced today that it is extending the $100,000 up-front experience bonus for pilots through the end of January 2023. This limited opportunity offers $75,000 to pilots who are close to upgrading to captain and $100,000 to those who qualify for the left seat. The bonus is paid out in their first paycheck. In addition, all Piedmont captains, including Direct Entry Captains, are guaranteed not to spend extended time on short-call reserve. Once a Piedmont captain completes 250 hours, they will be placed on long-call reserve (a minimum 12-hour call-out).
“For those experienced pilots tired of the turbulence at their current carrier, the extension of our up-front bonus and our change in reserve rules makes Piedmont an attractive alternative,” said Matt Kernan, Piedmont Director of Flight Operations. “We are here to make the transition as easy as possible for pilots concerned about their future. Piedmont has the backing of American Airlines and offers a clear, contractual career path.”
In light of recent news with Mesa Airlines, Piedmont will provide employment relief to Mesa pilots with 500+ Part 121 hours, offering a safe haven for career stability, including longevity-based pay, bonuses, no gap in insurance coverage, and industry-leading quality of life benefits.
Earlier this year, Piedmont announced the addition of 15 Embraer 145 aircraft to its fleet as Piedmont takes on more flying for American.
Transitioning captains and high-time first officers can expect:
- Expedited job offers
- Preferential training date
- Assigned transition coordinator to expedite the hiring process
- 1:1 longevity pay
- $100,000 bonus for qualified pilots if hired by January 31, 2023 and begin training by March 31, 2023 (bonus is paid in first paycheck)
- Updated reserve rules:
- once a Piedmont captain completes 250 hours, they will be placed on long-call reserve (a minimum 12-hour call-out)
- All pilots will receive a minimum of 12 days off each month
- 50% bonus on select holidays (including Super Bowl Sunday) for all Piedmont pilots
- Direct Entry Captains will go straight to upgrade training
- Contractual flow to American Airlines at 5 years or move to top of scale pay
- Positive space travel to Piedmont’s training center to complete or resolve any outstanding paperwork or background issues
How much will you earn at Piedmont? Click on our pay calculator here.
Learn more about direct entry captains and click here.
To speak with a recruiter email FlyPiedmont@aa.com.